PAUL E. CARLSON
PO Box 74
San Lorenzo, CA 94580
cuebon \at\ aol /dot/ com
High academic test scores.
Class B drivers license, clean DMV record.
Forklift Certified, classes 1, 4, and 5
Computer literate, knows Word and Excel.
Published writer, member of SFWA.
Extensive 'handyman' and repair experience.
Husband and father, married since 1982.
Has traveled extensively; speaks a little Spanish and Japanese.
PARTIAL WORK HISTORY
1980-81 Sales Dept., Original World Products, Hayward, CA
1982-83 Building Dept., The Washington Times, Wash. DC
1984-88 Director, HSA-UWC, Twin Falls, ID.
1988-90 Assistant Director, HSA-UWC, Las Vegas, NV.
1990-98 Driver and dispatcher, Yamato Foods [now True World Foods], San Leandro, CA.
1998-02 Delivery driver, Shotgun Delivery, Hayward, CA.
2002-2004 Temporary driver positions, Checkmate [now Mercer Staffing], Hayward, CA
2004-present Delivery Driver, CDS, Hayward, CA
* Has worked with computers for years, particularly Macintosh systems. Can maintain and upgrade these, and uses many common programs. (Microsoft Word, etc.)
* Runs own web domains. Can do HTML coding and design basic web pages (such as this one).
* Has done staff work for several large conferences (educational, scientific, etc.), both in the USA and abroad.
* Author of three novels, short fiction, and nonfiction articles. Contributed to several anthologies, ezines, and monthlies. Has prepared business pamphlets and the like.
* Directs an online writer's group, Writing to Publish.
* Can do freight pickups, packing and shipping. Has handled million dollar high-tech deliveries.
* Has done maintenance and minor repair work on a large variety of equipment and appliances.
* Can follow Thomas Bros. and other maps. Knows the SF Bay area, and northern and central California, very well.
* Experienced photographer; has done business and wedding portfolios.
* Secretary for local Homeowner's Association Board.
* Can design and install outdoor landscaping and irrigation systems. Has done so for the Principled Academy in San Leandro, CA.
* Has worked with and directed volunteer teams for several nonprofit groups. Helps with local Friends of the Library book sales.
Top of Page